Protect yourself, your loved ones and your community:
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster. Omicron protection requires a booster.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please call your primary health care provider.
- Mass General Brigham also offers a nurse hotline, online screening, and video visits. Learn more
- If you are unvaccinated, wear a mask whenever you go outside of your house.
- Stand at least six feet apart from other people and avoid crowds.
- Sanitize hands often.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate that people with COVID-19 have reported a range from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. They include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Less common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Learn more
- Seek emergency medical care immediately if someone shows the following: trouble breathing, persistent pain, confusion, bluish lips or face