Cardiac Surgery Boston
For cardiac surgery, Boston area patients receive world-class care through our collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital.
Cardiac surgery is now performed at Mass General, while all other aspects of a patient’s heart care are provided here at Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham. Interventional cardiology services through the Heart Center include cardiac ablation, cardiac catheterization, heart examinations (EKG, nuclear cardiology, Holter monitoring, stress testing and cardiac ultrasound), cardiac rehabilitation, electrophysiology and arrhythmias, our top-rated Living Well with Heart Failure program, Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI) and stents, and vascular surgery and testing.
World-class cardiac surgery in Boston with post-operative interventional cardiology care on the North Shore.
- Angioplasty. This procedure is the fastest way to open blocked arteries in patients experiencing a heart attack.
- Cardiac exams. The Heart Center offers a variety of cardiac evaluation services that give cardiologists and cardiac surgeons a thorough understanding of a patient's heart function.
- Cardiac rehabilitation. This physician-supervised program provides comprehensive education, exercise and behavioral and nutritional counseling for patients who have recently had a heart attack or cardiac treatment.
- Catheterization. Providing state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatment in angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy and clot extraction.
- Electrophysiology. This procedure diagnoses and treats irregular heart rhythm conditions.
Cardiac treatment and surgery in collaboration with Boston's Massachusetts General Hospital.
The Heart Center at Salem Hospital has had a decades-long partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, making it possible for us to offer patients the highest quality of cardiac care in the North Shore region. Cardiologists and cardio vascular surgeons from both institutions work collaboratively.