Trauma Program leadership
- Jason A Brocker, MD Chief of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery
- Brenda P. Gondella, R.N., RTRM Trauma Program Manager
Level III Trauma Center certification
We have been certified a Level III Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Level III certification recognizes our ability to provide optimal care for critically injured patients. It reflects the ongoing hard work and commitment of physicians, caregivers and staff, and is also a reminder of the vitally important life-saving resources that we provide to our community.
- 24-hour-a-day coverage by trauma-trained surgeons
- Emergency department physicians and nurses
- 24-hour-a-day access to anesthesia, laboratory and radiology services
Participation in the state and regional trauma system
Our Trauma Center works closely with state and regional agencies on injury prevention programs and education.
Evidence-based clinical care guidelines
Our healthcare professionals are guided by evidence-based clinical care guidelines and policies as they care for trauma patients, including activation procedures for the Trauma Team for the most seriously injured patients. These are available on the hospital intranet's clinical guidelines page.