North Shore Surgery
North Shore surgery options at Salem Hospital.
Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham, offers comprehensive surgery options to North Shore patients. As the North Shore's largest healthcare provider we perform more than 17,000 surgeries each year. Our North Shore surgery program is staffed by top-ranked surgeons from both Salem Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Our surgery team has received national recognition for success in preventing surgical infections, and we have been recognized by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program as one of 25 hospitals in the United States to achieve exemplary outcomes for surgical patient care. Learn more about North Shore surgery below.
North Shore surgery at Salem Hospital encompasses many areas of expertise.
- Bariatric surgery
- Breast surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Cardiac surgery. Cardio vascular surgeons from Mass General provide comprehensive surgical care for variety of cardiac conditions.
- Colorectal surgery
- Cosmetic procedures, with a full spectrum of noninvasive and surgical cosmetic treatments.
- Endoscopy, including colonoscopy, rectal ultrasound, endoscopic ultrasound, and other endoscopic procedures.
- Gastrointestinal surgery. A gastrointestinal surgeon performs surgery to treat diseases of the esophagus, stomach, large and small intestines, and other gastrointestinal organs.
- Gynecology. A gynecologic surgeon treats reproductive and urinary disorders, and diagnoses and removes cancerous tissue.
- Ophthalmology, including procedures in diabetic eye care and ophthalmic plastic surgery.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery for dental complications and oral infections.
- Orthopedics - Salem orthopedic surgeons specialize in shoulder, hand/finger, hip/knee, foot/ankle and spine surgery.
- Otolaryngology surgery to treat conditions of the ear, nose and throat.
- Thoracic surgery for diseases of the lungs, trachea, esophagus, chest wall and diaphragm.
- Urology surgery to treat a range of prostate and urologic disorders.
- Vascular surgery to treat many forms of vascular disease.
Find a physician for your North Shore surgery.
To find a surgeon for your North Shore surgery, use the Find a Doctor tool on our website. You can search for surgeons by specialty, location, gender and languages spoken.