Parking on Salem campus
Pale blue areas indicate patient parking.
Some outpatient services have different parking arrangements. Please read the Exceptions list below for specific parking instructions.
Free valet parking
Valet parking Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Drive to the upper parking lot in front of our temporary Main Entrance
- Look for the sign for Valet Services
- After hours, visitors should go to the Main Entrance and call security. Security will then bring their keys.
Our Main Entrance is accessible via the Lower Entrance off Highland Avenue.
Parking for specific services
- Patients scheduled for an endoscopy or colonoscopy use the Wheelock entrance.
- The Lab and Vascular Services building has parking spaces in front for lab and infusion services patients.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Weight Management and Diabetes Management patients park in front of Axelrod.
- Birthplace patients go directly to the Birthplace. Use the Upper Entrance and follow signs to the right and around to the Birthplace.
- Emergency patients go to our Emergency Department at the back of the hospital. If you enter by way of Highland Avenue, use the access road to drive to the back and follow signs. There are two designated parking areas for our Emergency Department, as well as handicapped parking for ED patients.
- Outpatient pediatric and adolescent Behavioral Health patients and visitors use our Main Entrance.
Arriving for surgery
If you are arriving at the hospital for surgery you may have one visitor who drops you off, stays with you in the waiting room until you are brought into the surgical area, and picks you up post-surgery. All visitors will be screened and are required to wear masks at all times.
Emergency Department/Outpatient appointment
If you are coming to the Emergency Department or coming in for an outpatient appointment, you may have one visitor to accompany you. Please note that depending on timing and capacity, and the discretion of staff, visitors may not be permitted to wait in the waiting room and/or exam room.