Choose Salem Hospital for pediatric procedures.
North Shore families seeking pediatric care will find exceptional physicians offering a wide range of pediatric procedures at Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham. Our pediatric specialists collaborate closely with Boston pediatrics specialists at Mass General for Children in Boston to offer North Shore families the most advanced pediatric primary care and pediatric procedures. Programs include in-patient care, rehabilitation services, a behavioral medicine program, neurodevelopmental center, multidisciplinary evaluation, sub-specialty clinics, and diagnostic services such as pediatric cardiology and radiology. As the largest healthcare facility in the North Shore region, our pediatric emergency department treats more than 17,000 children each year. It is staffed 24 hours a day by a dedicated group of board-certified pediatricians who are certified in ATLS (advanced trauma life support) and PALS (pediatric advanced life support).
Pediatric procedures available at Salem Hospital.
- Pediatric cardiology, including electrocardiograms, chest X-rays and other procedures.
- Cleft lip and palate procedures.
- Pediatric endocrinology, including procedures to treat thyroid and adrenal problems, hypoglycemia and other conditions.
- Pediatric gastroenterology, including procedures to treat liver, pancreatic and nutritional disorders.
- Genetics services, including the diagnosis and management of inherited conditions.
- High-risk infants follow-up.
- Pediatric infectious disease, with diagnosis and treatment for all types of infection.
- Neonatology, for babies who need medical monitoring and specialized services.
- Pediatric nephrology, including treatment of kidney and urinary tract disorders by a pediatric nephrologist.
- Occupational therapy to promote a child skill development and independence.
- Physical therapy for a wide range of disorders and rehabilitation needs.
- Pediatric primary care
- Pediatric psychiatry, for treatment of depression, anxiety and other psychiatric disorders.
- Pediatric radiology, including ultrasound, CT exams, X-rays and MRI exams.
- Pediatric rheumatology, including procedures by a pediatric rheumatologist to treat juvenile arthritis and other diffuse connective tissue diseases
- Speech and language, including pediatric procedures to treat patients with communication, feeding and swallowing difficulties.
- Pediatric surgery to treat a wide range of conditions
- Primary care physicians: the gateway to pediatric procedures.
Find a primary care doctor for your children
Many pediatric procedures are provided by pediatric primary care physicians or family practice doctors. Salem Hospital has top-rated pediatric primary care doctors offering services throughout the region.
To find a pediatric primary care physician, you may use the find a doctor search tool on our website; select "pediatric primary care" from the clinical specialty pull-down. To refine your search further you may also select your city or town in the location field (for example, to find Marblehead or Salem pediatrics offices).