Find a physician:
Salem Hospital information:
Geriatric medicine physicians at Salem Hospital diagnose and treat conditions and symptoms in older adults, providing comprehensive care, including screenings and preventative care. All are board certified in geriatric medicine and demonstrate expertise in treating the elderly. Primary care services are also available to patients living in a skilled nursing or rehabilitative facility through Extended Care.
Meet our physicians
Geriatric services and expertise
- Behavioral problems
- Dementia and cognitive function
- Home healthcare
- Palliative care
- Primary care in a nursing home or rehabilitation facility
Senior care and in-home care resources
- HealthCare at Home
- Emergency services available
Primary care for geriatric patients in a nursing or rehabilitative facility
Primary care services for patients living in a skilled nursing or rehabilitative facility are available. Physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants from North Shore Physicians Group work in close collaboration while patients are in the facility, and then transition them back to their original primary care providers following discharge.
Geriatric extended care services
- Diagnosis of acute illnesses or injuries
- Order and prescription of diagnostic tests
- On-call 24 hours to receive alerts from the nursing facility about a patient's medical status
- Referrals to outside specialists
- Routine physicals
- Transition of patients back to their primary care providers when they leave the facility
- For more information, call 978.825.7177.