383 Paradise Road
Swampscott MA 01907
Determining the cause of pelvic pain
A complete medical history, along with a physical and pelvic examination, are all part of the diagnostic process. In addition, your health care provider may ask you questions about the pain, such as:
- When and where does the pain occur?
- How long does the pain last?
- Is the pain related to your menstrual cycle, urination, and/or sexual activity?
- What does the pain feel like (for example, sharp or dull)?
- Under what circumstances did the pain begin?
- How suddenly did the pain begin?
Information about the timing of the pain and the presence of other symptoms related to activities such as eating, sleeping, sexual activity, and movement can also help your health care provider in determining a diagnosis.