Adult Partial Hospital
Starting October 2022, Salem Hospital will pilot a hybrid model for adult partial hospitalizations. This track offers in-person groups on Mondays and Thursdays and virtual groups on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Our hybrid model requires vaccination. We will still run a virtual track for those who do not prefer in-person. Our virtual sessions take place on a secure and confidential platform. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hospital continues to monitor the Covid-19 pandemic. Please be aware that the hospital reserves the right to return to all-virtual programming as needed to protect patients and staff.
For patients 18 years and older
Our program offers intensive support five days a week for individuals who need more structure and clinical care than an outpatient setting, for treatment of psychiatric or dual diagnosis issues. We offer both virtual and hybrid options for care. Our hybrid model requires that you are vaccinated.
Our initial intakes begins at 8 a.m. and our program begins at 9 a.m. In order to support a therapeutic environment we are a sober program. Medication management is also provided and abstaining from substances helps to ensure proper monitoring and safety.
We are a member of Mass General Brigham and work closely with Massachusetts General Hospital, McLean Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- Medication evaluation
- Intake assessment
- Daily individual meetings with your social worker/case manager
- Group educational sessions daily, focusing on coping skills to help you better manage your symptoms
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing techniques and Internal Family Systems therapy
- Follow-up planning, including referrals to appropriate clinicians, support groups and additional programs as needed (such as intensive outpatient programs for substance abuse or long-term day treatment programs for mental health issues)
- Transition plan for your return to work/school and family life
- Stephanie Ferraro, N.P., Supervising N.P.
- Mark Schechter, M.D., Supervising M.D., Chair of Psychiatry
- Kaitin Rowe, C.N.P.
- Maribeth Capparelli, L.M.H.C., Clinical Manager
- Elizabeth Stahl, L.I.C.S.W., Clinical Case Manager
- Issac Snow Pike, L.I.C.S.W., Clinical Case Manager
- Stacey Perlman, L.I.C.S.W., Clinical Case Manager
- Bridget Owens, M.S., Clinical Case Manager
- Ronald LaFlashs, M.S., Clinical Case Manager
- Marilyn Fitzgerald, Patient Service Coordinator
Referrals can be made by fax, email, or through EPIC (if you are within the Mass General Brigham network). We accept referrals from outpatient treatment providers, primary care physicians, emergency departments, inpatient psychiatric units, residential treatment programs and, in some circumstances, we accept self-referrals.
Patients referred to the in-person program must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Get information on scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination appointment
EPIC: REF 11963 AMB referral to NS Adult Partial Hospitalization Program
Readmission can be arranged through standard referral procedures to help with recurrent symptoms and additional support as needed.
Salem HospitalAxelrod 7 West
81 Highland Avenue
Salem MA 01970