Family Rounds Lectures
A Sept-May series for parents and professionals
Free and open to all. Rounds take place via ZOOM, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Use of Stories for Therapeutic Purposes: Explore the benefits of using storytelling with children, youth, and their families.
Presenter: Ilana Amrani-Cohen, LICSW, PhD, Training - Consultation in Private Practice. The workshop relies on Richard Gardner’s and Bob Ziegler’s work.
- Call The Stars By Their Names: Supporting a constellation of non-binary children and youth
Presenter: CB Beal, MDiv, (they/them/theirs) is an educator, consultant, storyteller, and principal of Justice and Peace Consulting.
- Trauma-Informed Expressive Arts Therapies with Children and Adolescents. This workshop will look at the science behind expressive arts therapies. We will explore the sensory, affective, and cognitive benefits of the arts and creativity when working therapeutically with youth.
Presenters: Natalie Blue and Madeline Pario, Co-Owners & Art Therapists, The Artful Life Counseling Center and Studio.
- Childhood Trauma: Rethinking Learning and Best Practices. Explore how childhood trauma impacts learning and ways to create a trauma sensitive school community.
Presenters from Hamilton-Wenham Regionals Schools: Susan Howard, High School Social Worker, Kristen Lazzaro, Director of School Counseling, PK - 12, Bryan Menegoni, Assistant High School Principal, Stephanie Rogal, Special Education teacher and Academic Program Coordinator for the return to learn program (RISE).
- Adolescent Substance Use: Approaches and Interventions. Learn current trends in youth substance use and strategies for assessment and intervention drawing from the Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach and motivational interviewing. Local substance use resources will also be reviewed.
Presenter: Lea Forster, Supervisor, Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services.
The Family Resource Center is grateful for the generous support of the Merry Mixers. Learn more