Preparing for Your Surgery
- The assessment takes place in the SurgiCenter. You will go through our Main Entrance to get there.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to register.
- A nurse will review your medical history with you and further assess your overall health.
- A nurse will discuss your anesthetic plan. You will meet your anesthesiologist on the day of surgery.
- You will fill out a few forms about your health that help us ensure that you are treated effectively and safely.
- We will record your weight and height and we may conduct additional tests requested by your doctor.
- Please bring your eyeglasses and/or hearing aids if you need them for filling out forms or having a conversation.
Day of surgery registration
- If you are arriving at the hospital for surgery, you may have one visitor who drops you off and stays with you in the waiting room until you are brought into the surgical area.
- Enter the hospital through the lower entrance from Highland Ave. Follow signs to the Main Entrance.
There are two check-in and waiting areas.
- Check-in Waiting Area A is located on the 5th floor
- Check-In and Waiting Area B is located to the left once you enter the Main Entrance.
You will receive a call from our team the day prior to your surgery with information on which check-in area to use.