Insurance and Payment
We recommend that you check with your health insurance provider before getting care, to make sure you understand your covered benefits and costs. Patients can get cost estimates of common health care services by using our cost estimator tool, through Patient Gateway, or by calling Patient Billing Solutions at 617-726-3884.
A health insurance policy is a contract between a patient and the insurance company, not between the patient and Salem Hospital. Our financial counselors do however help patients who want to better understand their coverage. Learn about our financial counseling and assistance services
Important Medicaid redetermination update
On April 1st, Medicaid (Masshealth in Massachusetts) returned to its normal annual renewal process. If Medicaid has enough information to confirm your eligibility, your coverage was renewed automatically. If Medicaid was not able to confirm your eligibility automatically, you will receive a renewal form in a colored envelope (blue in Massachusetts, yellow in New Hampshire) to the mailing address on file. If you receive any communication from Medicaid in the mail, do not ignore it, act now to avoid disruption or loss of coverage.
Please visit your state’s website to ensure Medicaid has your most current information.
Health Connector, Mass Health and Safety Net
Mass General Brigham certified financial counselors are available to help patients who want to apply for health insurance through The Health Connector. Patients who meet the eligibility requirements may also work with our staff to apply for Mass Health and Healthy Safety Net.
Making a payment
- Pay online:
- Enroll at Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway to create an account and pay a bill online.
Checks and credit cards
- Checks, credit cards or debit cards made be used for co-pays or pre-payments only. We have a no-cash policy.
- To pay by credit card over the telephone, please call 617.726.3884.
- Checks may be mailed to P.O. Box 418393, Boston, MA, 02241
- Please use the address above regardless of where you were an inpatient and regardless of where you received outpatient services.
- Please include patient account number on the check.