- The medical records offices are not available for patient walk-in services.
- Medical records include, but are not limited to a patient’s medical history, test results, office visit notes, discharge summary, and operative reports of treatments and medical services. The Medical Records Department can provide you with copies of your medical records related to care at a facility.
- If you need to collect records in person, please contact us at 617-726-2361 for possible options.
To access your records or request additional records, you may do so through Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway.
Or you may fax an authorization form to the Release of Information team at 617-726-3661 or mail that completed form to 121 Innerbelt Road, Somerville, MA 02143-4453.
If you have questions regarding a specific release, please contact our call center at 617-726-2361.
Requesting your medical records via Patient Gateway
Health Tools > Request Records or Messaging > Request Records
Submitting a request for your medical records to Mass General Brigham Medical Records Department
Patients may request copies of their medical records, as well as request amendments to their records, by submitting authorization forms to the Mass General Brigham Medical Records Department. Note that there are separate forms for Salem Hospital and Union Hospital. Forms are in English and in Spanish.
For fastest service, please provide an email address in your request to deliver the copies via secure email or indicate delivery to your Patient Gateway account.
Patients who are minors or who cannot give consent:
If the patient is a minor or unable to give consent, the signature of a parent, guardian or other legal representative is required. Additional authorization may also be required for the release of specifically protected or privileged information. Certain information can take up to 30 days for processing. Questions? Contact the Release of Information Unit at 617.726.2361 with questions about specific requests.
- Salem Hospital does not provide birth or death certificates.
- To request medical records of a deceased patient, the request must be accompanied by authorization from the executor of the estate.
- Please note that a fee may be associated with a medical record request.